Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Retired?

When I moved to this community I vowed to get involved, but I never realized how involved I would become.

Tuesday is my usual day to sit at the desk in the Clubhouse to accept sign-ups for the various activities. One day I made the mistake of telling the Activities Director that I'm fairly proficient in Excel, now she saves all her Excel work for Tuesday. Then I volunteered to keep some parts of our website up to date, that takes more time and there's talk of giving me more responsibility on the website. I used to be able to read my book or paper on Tuesday, now it's out of the question.

I'm also treasurer of our Singles Group and a member of the Travel Group. Both groups had meetings tonight at the same time. I, along with another single, shared both meetings - she took the first half of the Travel while I took the first half of the Singles, then we traded places.

Our Travel Group has many trips planned for this year. I plan on taking three of them and another with a friend. I'm so glad I'm retired, I never would have had the time to be so involved. It's great to be so busy and I'm meeting more and more new people and even making some friends.

No comments: