Thursday, January 24, 2008

A GOOD PLACE TO WORK & SHOP

There's a supermarket chain, called Wegmans, that services the Middle Atlantic states. They have some stores in New York, but I had never heard about them until I moved to New Jersey. Everyone I know likes this store. It's a clean and well stocked store. They have a variety of foods, which is why I always spend too much when I shop there. Everything looks so good that I buy more than I need. I've even bought buffalo meat there. It's very good.

I'm on their mailing list and I receive weekly reminders about their specials and features. Today I was surprised to receive an e-mail from them. They have been named by FORTUNE Magazine, for the 11th year, one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For". They are ranked #3.

To celebrate, all the stores will be serving cake for customers and employees on this Saturday. I think this is good for public relations, and is a nice way to share the good news with the employees whose good work makes the store a nice place for customers.

Congratulatiions Wegmans!

No comments: