Sunday, January 27, 2008

Organization

If you looked at my bookshelves, you would see about five or six books on organization. I devour anything I can find that gives tips on organizing my home, my life, my finances. Therefore, you would think my house was neat, all my papers and statements were in one place and I was constantly in touch with all my friends and relatives.


All that is wrong. I usually have to spend a lot time looking for important papers and it can be months between calls to friends. It's been so long since I had any contact with some family members, I wouldn't know some of them if I saw them today.

Over the years I've made some attempts at organization. My closet is fairly neat, I've hung my clothes according to color and type. It does make getting dressed easier.

All that is changing. Yesterday I bought a file box and set up individual folders for the instruction manuals for each of my appliances and tools. Next, I'll find a case for all my old tax returns and bank statements.


The hardest part of getting organized will be taking the time to reconnect with my friends. I usually think of calling either very early in the morning or very late at night. I'll have to set aside time early in the evening.

No comments: