Thursday, January 10, 2008

Furniture

The first year we were married my husband and I rearranged our living room 13 times. I directed and he moved the furniture. Through the years I've continued that practice. I'm either moving furniture around in the room, or moving it in my mind.

When I get bored, it's a good, cheap way to change the scene. It's better than buying new furniture, or even moving to a new house.

Today, after I finished putting all the Christmas decorations away, I sat in the living room and thought how blah it looked. So, I revived my old habit and moved everything that wasn't built-in. So far it looks OK, at least it's not terrible even though I have to move the couch whenever I want to get into a cabinet.

While I was working on the furniture, Crash was running around trying to get out of my way. The problem with that is that she always runs right to where I'm putting the furniture or whatever I'm carrying. Burnie, on the other hand, was his usual calm, lackadaisical self. He slept through all the moves secure in his little bed on the couch.

This arrangement will work for about a month or two, but maybe I'll rearrange the bedroom next. I've got some thoughts on that too.

No comments: