Monday, January 1, 2007

Well, I did it again and I hope other parents can relate to this. I would hate to be the only parent who loses presents.

Every Christmas when my son was very young I would hide presents in my closet so he could not find them. The only problem with that was that I often couldn’t find them either. I don’t know how many times I would find a wrapped present in the back of my closet, obviously forgotten by Santa. As he got older, it became a bit of a joke and occasionally I would find something a few days after Christmas. Yesterday, I discovered that I had done it again. I looked at the top shelf of my closet and there it was. I had left another present behind.

At least this can’t be called a “senior moment” since I have a long record of losing presents and finding them in the weeks after Christmas.

No comments: