Friday, January 12, 2007

Today is January 12. It is also Zanzibar Revolutionary Day. January 15 is the day that they (whoever they are) say most New Year's Resolutions are broken, if they even last that long. This year I did not make any resolutions, instead I prepared a Mission Statement for myself. It includes finishing the many projects I have started around the house. I am self-diagnosed with Attention Deficit Disorder, I jump from project to project, interest to interest, etc. If all goes according to plan, by the end of the year I'll be rich, living in a neat, orderly house and wearing size 10 clothes. Looks great on paper.

Today is also the day that Sir Isaac Pitman, printer and publisher died. Most people don't recognize that name, but I was a secretary and I learned the Pitman shorthand system.

No comments: