Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Atlantic City

Today I made my monthly trip to Atlantic City, or should I say my monthly contribution to the economy of AC. I have gotten better. I now take some money home, it's not a lot, but there is some.

I only play the slots even though I know the odds are against me. I haven't quite gotten the nerve to play at a table. Maybe some day.

I have noticed something about slot players. They are people that you would not notice if you passed them on the street. They are ordinary people and all strangers who you will never see again. But, when one of them hits something big, everyone congratulates them and wishes them well. Some are even disappointed if you don't get more. There is a certain comaraderie between players. Maybe it's because we know the odds are against us.

I don't know what it is, but I like it.

No comments: