Thursday, November 20, 2008

Winter and Christmas

The cooler weather is finally here, and it's wonderful. Tonight, the temperature is 32 degrees so I decided to walk to my meeting at the clubhouse. It's not really far, but I've gotten into the bad habit of driving lately.

It's a beautiful night, I could almost see some stars. That's one of the things I miss most about my house upstate NY. The area was so dark that you could see so many stars, one night I even saw one of the dippers. It was wonderful. But I digress.

On my way home I passed two women coming from the parking lot. They were complaining about the cold, so I answered them the way my father always answered my complaints about the cold. "What are you going to do in the winter?" He would say that, even if it was winter.

Now that it has gotten colder, I'm looking forward to Christmas. I can hardly wait to start decorating. It's my favorite holiday. Next week we're having a tree lighting in our Clubhouse, so I have to bake some cookies for the occasion. Of course, I'll also have to sample some, just to make sure they're good. I make the most delicious butter cookies.

I've even started Christmas shopping. Let's hope I don't forget about any hidden presents this year.

No comments: