Monday, November 17, 2008

Million Dollar Challenge

Today was the start of CNBC's Million Dollar Portfolio contest. I registered early and as a result received an addition al $5,000.00. I have five portfolios, each worth $1,005,000.00. Now all I have to do is pick some winning stocks. I'm very disappointed because, for some reason, they won't accept my favorite stock - Brown Forman.

Trading started today, but I forgot to make any purchases until late in the day, and they won't be added to my portfolio until tonight. Oh well, maybe I'll get them at a cheaper price. Last year, I sort of lost interest as the weeks went on and my stocks lost value. Hope I can stay with it this year.

It's very exciting and the best part of all is it's all pretend. I get to use my imagination and whims to pick stocks. I can't lose. It's all play money, although it would be nice to have that much real money to play with.

I can dream, can't I.

No comments: