Sunday, November 2, 2008

New Car Problems

You know those old expressions, "You can never find a taxi in the rain", and "You can never find a policeman when you need one"? Well, I have another, "You can never find a traffic jam or red light when you need it".



Yesterday, there was a delay on the bridge so I changed the station on the radio to get a traffic report. When I tried to go back to the original station, I couldn't find it, or worse find out how to get there. I hit all the buttons. I think I got some FM stations, some other band, and the CD I had in the player. I just couldn't find my original station, so I listened to my CD for the third time. Finally, when I got to my destinatiion I was able to find the manual and find out to go there.



Later that day, I noticed that my seat was getting hot. I have heated seats in this car. Last week I checked the manual and turned the heater on. Yesterday, I couldn't turn it off. Again, I had to wait until I got home to look at the controls and turn the heater off.



Maybe I wouldn't have so much trouble with this new car if I would just read the manual in the beginning.

No comments: