Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Feline Stress Relief?

While going through some old magazines today I came across an article that claimed a 20 year study done by researchers from the University of Minnesota found that cat owners were 40 percent less likely to die of a heart attack than people who lived in feline-free households. Researchers think that it's possible that the cats offer stress relief.

Don't you believe it!

Today I had an appointment to have my windows washed (aren't I lazy), so I opened the door from the house to the garage to give Crash and Burn the confidence to go into the garage. A short time later I heard a strange sound coming from the garage. It seemed that Burnie had climbed the closed ladder that was just leaning against the wall. He was walking along the top step. I was afraid he would dump the ladder and it would hit the refrigerator and who knows what it would do to him. I then put the ladder into the bathroom and closed the door.

As soon as the windows and curtains were clean, I took the ladder out of the bathroom and leaned it against a closet door. As I was threading the curtains onto the rod, I looked up and there was Burnie again on the closed ladder. I dropped the curtain, stepped on the other half of the rod and ran the length of the house to either stabilize the ladder or grab Burnie.

I guess I'll have to lock him up again when I hang the curtains.

That's just one day living with Burnie. That's enough stress to last a year.

No comments: