Sunday, October 12, 2008

Embarrassing Momet

Is my face red! For some weeks now, I thought my speakers were dead. I've had them for seven years and they do take a lot of abuse from videos and games. With my usual "make do" attitude, I've learned to live without sound. Sometimes the quiet is refreshing, but I've missed out on a lot of videos.

I was ready to go out and buy some new speakers, but as usual I procrastinated. Today, as I was leaning over the keyboard I saw a message in the lower left hand side of my monitor, "mute on". Then I realized that as some point, probably when I turned my monitor off, I had turned the mute on.

It never occurred to me that I had such a button since this is a relatively new keyboard and I never had such a button on previous keyboards. At least I don't think so.

No comments: