Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Small Achievements

I'm feeling proud of myself tonight. This has been a day of small achievements. This morning I decided to go for a walk. It was cold and windy and it did feel good. I was prepared for everything - I had my cd on Shakespeare's Hamlet, I was dressed warmly. I walked for a mile on the track. I felt as if I could do more, but decided not to press my luck. Shortly after I got into my car it started to rain.



In the car I was reading the manual and finally was able to switch to cd mode. Of course, I don't know whether I'll be able to do it again. At least I did it today and I may have to listen to the same cd over and over again until I can figure out how to eject.



These small achievements help me over my embarrassment of last night. I'm the treasurer of our Singles Club. For the past two months we've had a balance of over $1,000.00 which is very unusual since we only have about 40 members and our dues are $10.00. When I was preparing my report yesterday I noticed that I had not deducted $900.00 in expenses for a Games Day and Luncheon.



My admission of error came right before the slate of new offices was announced. Obviously, my name is not on it. Don't think they would have voted for me after that mistake.



At least I did a couple of good things today. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

No comments: