Saturday, October 4, 2008

Why I Can't Lose Weight

This week I discovered another reason why I can't lose weight, that is besides the fact that I'm very self-indulgent and eat whatever and whenever I want.

I was thrilled when I returned from France that I hadn't gained any weight in spite of the delicious pastries, wines, cheeses and meals I had. About two weeks after I returned, I got on the scale and saw that I had lost a pound. And I hadn't even been trying.

I'm not a hypochondriac. In fact, I'm quite the opposite. I once walked and worked out for a week and a half with a broken bone in my foot. But this time, I panicked. I decided there must be something terribly wrong with me for me to lose a whole pound. So I decided that I should see a doctor, but first to soothe my nerves I had some cookies. Then I had some bread and butter. Then I had a good dinner.

The next day I got back on the scale and saw that I had gained back the pound I lost and an extra for good measure.

Based on my reaction to the lost pound, I've decided that I'm my own worst enemy. I've actually been sabotaging my weight loss program.

Now, how do I stop sabotaging myself. Any suggestions?

No comments: