Monday, October 20, 2008

Adventures in Driving

Yesterday while driving home from church I discovered the tire pressure light was on. Because it was the first real cold day I thought that was the cause, so I took a ride, but the light stayed on.

This morning, at 8:00 o'clock I called the service department asking to take the car in today, this morning to be exact. I had plans to meet a very good friend for lunch and I'd have to travel about 50 miles each way. The manager of the service department gave me an appointment at 9:00 am and said they would also change the oil since I was late for that change.

I got to the dealer on time and got the necessary work done. The tire pressure was a little low, but there was no damage to the tires and the oil was changed. I went on my way.

After driving around for a while because I thought there was an entrance to the parkway near the dealer, I headed back toward home where I knew I could get on the parkway. As I was on the approach road and I was supposed to yield to traffic on the main road, out of the corner of my eye I saw a hugh car carrier.

I slowed down, then stopped. Unfortunately, a few seconds later another car didn't stop until he hit my car. He was very appologetic, said he was in a hurry and it was all his fault. Since we were both running late, we exchanged phone numbers. I don't know if he had old damage to his car or my car did a lot of damage, but the hood looked pretty bad. I think it was old damage. I was afraid to look at my car, but when I did, I was pleasantly surprised. There was a scratch on the back, but otherwise it looked OK. The other driver went on his way and I have his phone number and he has mine.

A little later on the parkway, I saw a car that was pulled over by a policeman and I think it was the young man who hit me. The car was the same color and there was damage to the front end. Since he was running late, I suspect he was getting a speeding ticket. Right now I feel a little sorry for him. He really had a bad day.

I don't know if I'll follow through with contacting him with a repair bill. The damage doesn't look that bad. I'll have to think about it.

No comments: