Monday, May 21, 2007

Road Trips

Today I was speaking with a friend about my road trip last year. She mentioned that she was worried about something happening on the trip and would be afraid to make such a journey.

I told her that you can't spend your life worrying about things that may or may not happen. That used to be me. The only thing all that worrying got me was some gray hairs and a long list of things I want to do.

Now I'm retired and have the time to do all the things I put off because of fear. It's time to make all those dreams come true.

The final decision - she has always wanted to visit Savannah, GA, so that will be one of my vacations in 2008. We'll make the road trip together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Some required reading will have to be John Berendt's book about the old South, MIDNIGHT IN THE GARDEN OF GOOD AND EVIL. The story takes place in Savannah. Check out the settings, when you and your friend arrive there. Charleston, SC is not too far away...several hours. Now there's a city! In a previous life, I might have lived there in the old South. Maybe you'll feel that way, too.
ms/sss