Friday, May 18, 2007

Bob Newhart

Last night I watched the PBS show on Bob Newhart. It was very good and I learened a few things about him.

I did not know that he had a couple of shows before his hit series based in Chicago or that he had a second comedy album. I guess not too many others didn't know either, since they had very low ratings. Who can forget the ending of his other series set in Vermont. That was a classic, reminiscent of the time Patrick Duffy returned to DALLAS.

A few years ago I took a bicycle trip to Vermont and stayed in the Inn whose exterior was used for the opening scenes of the show. The interior had some similarities, but not too many. That Inn was called The Waybury Inn in Middlebury, VT. Middlebury is a very nice town surrounded by farms. In fact, the Inn is right next to a farm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVED BOB NEWHART TOO...I DON'T KNOW ANYONE WHO DIDN'T ENJOY HIS SHOWS, AND HE WAS ALSO CONSIDERED ONE OF THE NICEST GUYS IN SHOW BIZ.

WHO, I ASK, BICYCLES TO VERMONT? YOU MUST HAVE SOME STRONG PAIR OF LEGS MOM ..MY HAT GOES OFF TO YOU.
PF/SSS