Sunday, April 29, 2007

Shadfest

Today we took a ride to Lambertville, a small town on the Delaware River. Again, we picked the wrong day. We had just wanted to wander around and check out some of the galleries and craft shops, but it was very crowded and parking was very tight.

Today was the last day of Shadfest. This is a day to celebrate the running of the shad on the river. Evidently, this is a very popular event. According to my research, most riverside towns hold such a celebration.

This is a very pretty town, it's very old and I'm sorry I didn't bring my camera. This means I'll have to make another trip. Some of the buildings were very interesting. They converted the old railway station into a restaurant which had very good food. I had a chicken and walnut salad with a honey mustard sauce which was delicious. This recipe was featured in BON APPETIT.

It was a very good day.

No comments: