Monday, April 2, 2007

Aerobics

I recently joined an aerobics class. It's quite interesting and our instructor is in terrific shape. She speaks through the entire hour while doing all sorts of steps and bounces.

Therein lies the problem for me. I've always had trouble with aerobics. I don't have any trouble keeping up, I don't get winded, but my coordination is horrible. In the past I've had trouble with "jumping jacks". After about three of them, I'm just flailing my arms and jumping up and down.

I think I've found one source of my problem. I'm left-handed and I always start on my left foot when everyone else is starting on their right. And it's downhill from there.

When I was a child I wanted nothing more than to take dancing lessons, but we couldn't afford them. Now that I see how badly coordinated I am, it's a good thing my parents never gave me dancing lessons. That would have been a huge waste of money. Sometimes it takes many years to realize that some dreams should not come true.

No matter how badly I look in my aerobics class, I'm not giving up. It's fun.

No comments: