Friday, April 13, 2007

CNBC Million Dollar Challenge

At the end of week #6 I have good news and bad news to report. The good news is that I made my goal of finishing in the top 20%, but the bad news is that I didn't make the $1,070,400.75 total worth goal that I set.

The total value of my virtual portfolio is $1,063,659.46. I've taken some profits this week and now have enough cash to make some more buys next week. The celebrity traders have gotten better, I have dropped to 6th place against that group of 10.

I have made some progress in the Bonus Bucks section. I've been able to answer most of the bonus questions, some for $2,000 and some for $1,000.

I don't expect to ever make the top 10 traders, but I am enjoying this test of my investing skills. I think, on the whole, my investment choices, while very conservative, have been pretty good.

Next week, I'd like to finish in the top 18% with a total value of $1,073,400.75. This will take some work, research and a lot of luck.

Stay tuned.

No comments: