Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Good News

There's good news tonight!

First, Rosie. She's leaving The View. I must admit, I haven't watched much since she started, I've found her to be loud and obnoxious. Occasionally, while flipping around the channels, I've caught some of the show, and of course, some of her more outrageous comments have made the evening news. I may tune in again once she's gone. I'm sure she'll turn up somewhere else.

The main good news in that the Dow hit 13,000 in early trading and closed above 13,000. Maybe that number and the good earnings of some major companies will restore consumer confidence.

I've often wondered if the lack of confidence in the economy is the result of some experts saying we're having a slowdown, consumers believe it and stop spending. I think that is some of the reason behind the housing slowdown. Everyone kept saying house sales were slowing down, mortgage rates were going to go up, so new buyers are afraid to invest in a house now. They decide to wait, so houses are not selling. It seems like a self-fulfilling prophecy. I'm no economist, just someone who has managed the family finances for many years, and that's my take on things. I have confidence in our economy.

No comments: