Wednesday, February 28, 2007

For the past few months I've been struggling to lose weight. I just can't seem to get back on track, I've even stopped going to the gym.

I had volunteered to bring a cake to a meeting so the other day I decided to make a crumb cake. For some reason the crumbs fell to the bottom of the cake. As every baker knows, in a cake, presentation is everything. I just couldn't bring an ugly cake to the meeting. I made another cake which turned out well.

Because of my upbringing and membership in the Clean Plate Club, I just couldn't throw the ugly cake out. I ate it over the course of three days. It was delicious.

Of course, it doesn't help my struggle very much. Now that the temptation is gone maybe I can concentrate on eating more of the proper foods and the desserts in moderation.

No comments: