Sunday, February 4, 2007

Animal Tales

I just love this column, "Weird But True" in the NEW YORK POST.

About 10,000 Juneau residents lost power when an eagle weighted down by hauling a deer's head crashed into power lines. "You have to live in Alaska to have this kind of outage scenario," said Gayle Wood of Alaska Electric Light & Power.

Unfortunately, the eagle did not survive.

Meanwhile in the East, school officials at a Virginia college have asked students not to feed the squirrels, but the bushy-tailed rodents have taken matters into their own paws. Several of the fuzzy campus creatures have been climbing onto students' laps and stealing food right out of their hands. "He's looking at me, I'm looking at him," said one victim shocked into dropping his candy bar.

This reminds me of the time a squirrel dug up one of my tulip bulbs and proceeded to eat it right in front of me.

And down south, a sea park in Florida was evacuated when people there mistook a dolphin's toy shaped like a bomb for the real thing. The chaos ensued when the dolphin surfaced several times with different toys, including one that resembled a bomb. That prompted a call to 911 - and a lot of red faces.

That's it for tonight, I'm sure our animal friends will be up to more mischief in the weeks to come.

No comments: