Monday, February 12, 2007

Dreams

I’m a believer in dreams, not in analyzing them, but in having them and fulfilling them.

Since I was a young girl, I have always wanted to take a train trip across the country, see whales, drive across the country, live in the country, take cooking lessons and see Alaska.

So far, I have made all but one of my dreams come true. I have taken the train, and also driven across the country. I lived in a rural community in upstate New York, and took cooking lessons. One year, I drove to Maine so that I could do a whale watch.

Now the time has come for me to see Alaska. This summer I’m taking a cruise and will see Juneau, Sitka and Ketchikan. Hopefully, I’ll also see a glacier “calve”. I’m really looking forward to it.

There is one other sight I want to see in Alaska – the Northern Lights. That will make my trip complete.

There are other sights to see – bears, moose, whales, sea otters, etc. and if I don’t see the Northern Lights this trip, well, I’ll have to go back. Alaska is a really big state, it’s probably good for three or four trips.

My list of things to see and do is getting very short. I’ll have to sit down and “dream” up some other activities.

Maybe, I’ll take cooking lessons in France or Italy, and of course, there’s the Parthenon, the Pyramids, the Vatican, the castles on the Rhine, the alps……….

No comments: