Saturday, February 10, 2007

Animal Tales

I have two cats, Crash and Burn. They are as different as night and day. Crash is a prima donna, Burnie is very laid back. That is until he is watching the neighborhood. He spends a great deal of his time looking out the window.

I live in a new community and don't have many trees and, as a result, don't have many birds. Burnie has found one bird and made "friends" with him.

This bird hangs out in front of the house, right under the window. He just sits there and Burnie watches, sometimes he hits the window with his paw. Maybe he's trying to catch the bird.

I know cats will "play" with other animals. I once saw a dog who was tied up and a cat walked past the dog. The cat seemed to know just how far the dog could go and stayed a few inches beyond the reach of the dog. And, of course, we all know how cats play with mice.

I have never seen a bird tease a cat like this one does. Should I watch out for this bird, is it left over from Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds"?

No comments: