Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Writing

When I started blogging, I was full of enthusiasm for writing. I wanted to be able to express my thoughts. I had the same enthusiasm when I joined the creative writing group in my community. But something seems off lately.

I just can't seem to think of anything to say. I don't want to be the one who always complains about the state of the world. This is why tonight when my friend called asking if I would mind cancelling writing tomorrow, I was so glad. I had nothing prepared for our meeting. There's an idea running around in my mind, but so far I haven't been able to put it all into words. Our topic is about decisions, how we make them, how they affect us.

Maybe, in spite of my delight in the cold and snow of this winter I'm tired of it and looking forward to spring. That's a possibility. I've been thinking of putting some roses around the house and other changes to my garden AND I don't like to garden outside. Give me my house plants and I'm in seventh heaven. Or maybe I need a road trip.

This too shall pass. All I need are a few 5 degree days, or maybe some sunshine with a little discipline thrown in.

No comments: