Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Chair

I live in a gated community. It's supposed to be safe, no one can enter without being announced, I like that part, it makes me feel important. But I digress.

Over the past few years, we've had some vandalism - broken locks, pillows and TV remotes disappearing, games being taken, etc. I think that now, the vandalism has gone too far. It seems that someone has walked off with a chair. It's not a big chair, sort of like a padded dining table chair.

The big question is why would anyone steal a chair. If this person is at all sociable, someone would notice it in their house. Maybe they want to sell it. If so, we'd better chain the other three chairs to the floor so they don't get a set. It's very disturbing to think that someone in my community is a thief.

It may seem odd that I would get upset about a chair, but this person is stealing from me, even stealing from him/herself. If we have to replace it, that money comes from our general fund. If the general fund runs out of money, our maintenance fee will rise.

I still can't figure out why anyone would take a chair, or even how they got it out of the clubhouse.

1 comment:

BetteJo said...

Sounds like an inside job, sh-h-h-h!!