Thursday, March 4, 2010

Car Chase

I have to admit that I watch a lot of TV. Well, maybe "watch" isn't a good description. I keep the TV on as background noise and go about my work in the house. If I hear an interesting story, I stop and watch.

That happened this morning. They were covering a car chase in California. And, I just had to sit down and follow everything. While I was watching, I couldn't help but wonder why the other motorists stayed on the freeway while the chase was going on. If I were driving, no matter where I had to be, or how soon, I'm sure I would take the first available exit. If I couldn't get off, I'd try to pull over. But those drivers stayed on the road and some of them even kept up with the cars.

It ended when the offending car seemed to spin out on the road under the Los Angeles Airport taxiway. It was hard to see what went on there, but I didn't see any speeding ambulances, so I guess no one was hurt.

I still don't know why all the other drivers stayed on the road with the chase. It's the same with all the chases I've watched.

No comments: