Monday, March 8, 2010

Bread

About three weeks ago when I was watching QVC I decided to take the plunge. They were selling a bread machine. I've wanted one for such a long time, but at first they seemed too expensive, then it didn't seem necessary since I live alone.

I've never had much luck baking yeast breads so I thought this would be a good idea. I tried one yeast bread, it turned out pretty well. At least it rose. I've been making several quick breads - nut bread, apple nut bread and today I made banana nut bread. I certainly have been using a lot of nuts, but at least they're supposed to be good for you.

It's a funny thing about the banana bread. I bought bananas last week, but never got around to eating them. They started getting very ripe, so of course I had to make bread.

I just hope I haven't ruined my diet too much. I just have to have a slice of bread every day, it tastes so good.

No comments: