Wednesday, January 6, 2010

It's a Miracle!

Lately I've been having trouble with my heat. The first time it went out I needed a part. Then it was good for a while. Last week it went out again. This time, the plumber couldn' t find anything wrong. He suggested that if it went out again, I should turn it off and on several times since that was what he did.

Late yesterday afternoon it went out again. I tried switching it off and on, but this time it didn't work. The plumber came last night and found a loose connection and fixed it. After a good nights sleep, I discovered the reason - the temperature inside the house was 57 degrees. No heat again. I tried turning it on and off, but nothing happened.

I hated calling the plumber because I had plans for today, but I called anyway. I put the fireplace on and started my morning chores. While I was waiting for the plumber I started getting warmer. I just assumed it was because I was running around doing dishes and getting ready to go out.

Then I decided to check the thermostat and found that it was up to 67 degrees. Suddenly, the heat came back on. I called the plumber and cancelled. I think he was relieved.

I was late for my writing group meeting, but I was able to make it to the brunch with my artist and writing friends and had a wonderful time.

So far tonight, I have heat, although at times I do feel a little chilled. I have plans for tomorrow, but none for Friday so I hope it stays OK until at least Friday. I just hate to cancel plans to wait for the plumber. On Friday, I have to stay home anyway to take all my Christmas decorations down and put them away until December.

No comments: