Sunday, January 17, 2010

Applause

Tonight I'm watching the Golden Globe Awards show. I don't know why since I hardly recognize some of the presenters or winners.

There is one thing I've noticed at this show and other awards shows that really irks me. When the nominees are being announced and the camera pans to that person, I get very annoyed when I see them applauding themselves. Yes, they should applaud the competition, but not themselves. That's saying, "I'm so good".

I know you have to have a bit of an ego in show business, but you should be a little discreet about showing it.

So much for my soapbox tonight.

1 comment:

ms/sss said...

I thought about that, too, but I think that by clapping, the person is agreeing that his performance probably is the best choice thanks to help from the entire team.
ms/sss