Friday, December 11, 2009

Time for a Party

The other day as I finished the tree and put all the empty boxes away I suddenly relaxed. Even though all my preparations for Christmas are not done, I know they will be done and everything will work out the way it usually does.

With this new feeling, I decided to plan a party for my friends here in the community. I decided on next week. Before I invited anyone, I went shopping for supplies. I picked up more than I wanted to, but I have room in the freezer so everything is OK.

When I got home, I checked my e-mail before I called anyone. There it was. A new e-mail giving a date and time of a meeting that I must attend. Of course, it's the same day and time I wanted to have my friends here.

My party will have to wait until after New Years. Maybe an open house on New Years Day. I'm still thinking about it. I seem to be the only one in our circle that has not had either a dinner or cocktail party and it's about time I did.

Maybe if I didn't join so many activities I'd have time for my friends, but if I weren't in so many activities I wouldn't have so many friends. 'Tis a puzzlement.

2 comments:

HMK said...

Truer words were ne'er spoken!
I too must make room for friends who have graciously hosted Don and me.
I know exactly how you feel.

After caroling the gang can come by here for cider, donuts, pie and muffins. Warm up a bit with some "grog"
Actually wew have delicious Harvey's Bristol Cream to warm yer innards.
Wine too if ye like!!

I look forward to Friday "apres sing"

Carol's feeding our maws at 5 PM
Then onto the street stages of the community.See you at Carol's at 5 PM

ms/sss said...

You kids sure have a lot of fun!
Merry Christmas!
ms/sss