Saturday, December 19, 2009

Snow

I've often heard the expression, "Be careful what you wish for" and haven't paid much attention to it. From now on, I think I will.

Let me start by saying, I love snow. There's something so peaceful about it. Almost as much as I love snow, I love Christmas. And, there's nothing better than a White Christmas. I love all the preparations leading up to this holyday -the baking, shopping, cards, decorating, etc. Christmas is a time to reconnect with family and friends.

Today is supposed to be my annual family Christmas party. Because of a mix-up with crossed e-mails, my son made his reservations to come home today, so, because of the party I couldn't meet his plane and he will be missing the party.

If you've heard any of the news today, you know that there is a lot of snow coming down, a lot of snow. I doubt if anyone will make it for the party; I've already had one cancellation. I also wonder if my son's flight will be able to land at JFK, or if he will be diverted to Chicago, Pittsburgh or any other inland city.

So, here I sit, all dressed up with a house full of food and no one (probably) coming. I may just call my friends and neighbors to come over for a "blizzard party".

2 comments:

threecollie said...

Sorry to hear that the weather is spoiling your plans so badly. Hope things work out and that your son gets home all right. Take care.

Connie Peterson said...

I love snow!!! But then, I'm the one who sits inside and says "Let's not go anywhere" and Norm says "I have to clean the driveway for Peanut" and cleans the whole darn thing.

Beautiful snow pictures. I'm going to take some more today - we got about 4 or 6 inches yesterday and last night.