Monday, December 7, 2009

Socializing

Last week I was fretting about not having any time and being so socially involved. So, of course, the best thing I could have done for myself was to sit back and not get involved in anything new.

I tried, but there's a new group forming in my community called, "Gals on the Go". I went to my first meeting tonight. It looks like a good group, some want to have discussions, others want to attend cultural events. Next month, we are going to have a demonstration of Laughter Therapy. That should be very interesting.

Some of the members made other suggestions - movies in the clubhouse, the ballet at the Met, a play at a local theater, even some high school productions. I've been to one of the local high schools and the only thing I can say about that was, "Fabulous". But, I've been wondering why the people I knew when I was in my teens didn't have the poise and talent that the teenagers of today have. We might have been the last generation that went through an awkward stage.

Tomorrow, I'm going to a performance of the Jackson Chorus. They come to the community every year around this time. They usually perform a medley of Christmas Carols and celebration of winter songs. Before that, I'm going to a friend's house for pizza and wine. Sounds great.

This community is really beginning to be more social, or is it me. Have I become more friendly and open to new friendships.

No comments: