Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Furniture is Back!

My furniture came back today. Naturally, Crash and Burn were locked up during delivery so that they wouldn't get in the way or escape. When it came time to set them free I was prepared with a water bottle in case they tried to scratch the couches.



Crash was very suspicious, wouldn't even look at the couch. Instead, she just kept sniffing the floor. She seemed to be afraid of the couch. Burnie, dear Burnie, on the other hand looked at the chair, sniffed a little and jumped into it and promptly took a nap.


He just made himself at home.

Later in the day he tried scratching the back of the chair, but I spritzed him.

Eventually, Crash decided the couch wouldn't hurt her so she climbed up next to me and took her nap.

I just hope they'll stay this good, but somehow I doubt it. After all, cats will be cats.

2 comments:

Snooty Primadona said...

I used to do the same thing to my cats with a spray bottle. If you add a teaspoon or more of vinegar to the water, they will get the message even better...

I have a black & white tuxedo cat too. Aren't they the craziest cats? I mean Trouble is sweet but she has a mean streak in her occasionally like Dr. Jekyl & Mr. Hyde...

Anyway, glad to hear their perches are back.

;-)

BetteJo said...

Love the upholstery job! The cats will certainly get used to anything if they find it comfortable!