Sunday, December 13, 2009

Theater

Today five of my friends and I went to the Bucks County Playhouse to see It's a Wonderful Life. Fortunately, we were on a tour so driving wasn't necessary. That was such a relief since it rained all day and sometimes quite hard.

At one point, as we were about to cross over a bridge, we saw several flares in the road and a police car parked on the road. He made no move to stop this big bus from going on. A short distance ahead, other police officers were making drivers turn around on a simple two lane road. When it was our turn, everyone realized that our bus couldn't make that turn so we had to back up to where the police car was parked. We all wondered why he didn't stop us before we got that far, it would have saved a lot of trouble. We then made our u-turn on a slightly wider stretch of road. I held my breath as we made the turn, as all I could see was our bus going off the road and down to the water. Fortunately, we had a good driver.

When we finally got to the restaurant, we had a good lunch in an historic restaurant. After lunch we took a short drive to the theater. The show was quite good, they really stayed with the original story and added some songs.

We all had a good time in spite of the rain, which I was glad was not snow, even though I love it.

No comments: