Sunday, July 27, 2008

Travel

Today I'm in Seattle, my annual trip. I had an early flight, so I had to get up at 3:00 am. That, of course confused the cats no end. As you can see from this picture, they weren't too anxious to let me leave. They blocked my way to the front door.

Then, when it was time for me to leave, they wouldn't let me say good-bye with a little pat. They just ran away from me.

The car service arrived on time, even a few minutes early. They had a little trouble finding my address on Mapquest. It seems that shortly after my community opened, they discovered that there was another street in our town with the same name, so my street's name was changed. But no one told Mapquest. Fortunately, they did find the house, but as we were leaving, the driver couldn't figure out why the interior lights were still on after the doors were closed. Finally, he decided to see what would happen once he started moving. The lights went out.

Then, off in the distance we saw lightening, then rain. I planned an early flight to avoid the chance of thunderstorms. Fortunatly, the sun came out when it was time to take off.

Everything got better after that, particularly as we were approaching Seattle. I saw the top of a mountain, probably Mt. Ranier, rising above the clouds. The clouds looked like a blanket of snow. It was an awsome sight. Unfortunately, I was too busy admiring the mountain to think of taking my camera out of my bag and taking a picture. I lost a great shot.


No comments: