Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Crash and Burn

Do animals have personalities? Specifically do cats have personalities? I really don't know, but I do know that my two cats, Crash and Burn, are very different.

Crash is a female calico, and a princess. She hates to be picked up and held, and complains every time I try. She doesn't like to have her paws touched and gets impatient when I try. Perish the thought that Burnie wants to walk close to her. That starts her spitting and growling. Then, two minutes later, she's afraid to pass him in the room. Crash likes to follow me around the house and lately she's been looking for attention whenever I sit down at the computer. Is she jealous?


Burnie, on the other hand is very laid back, in fact, he seems to sleep most of the day. When he's awake, he will play with anything. Unfortunately, lately, he wants to play at bedtime. There I am laying in bed, trying to get to sleep and Burnie is rolling a plastic bell filled ball around the room. In the morning, around 5:00 AM when Burnie gets hungry, he gently taps me on my face. The only problem there is that has not been declawed, so his gentle tap is done with claws. That certainly wakes me up.

Burnie is also very curious. I can't leave closet doors open too long or he walks right in, if I open a drawer, he's ready to hop in. I don't know what kind of cat he is, although I've just heard of tuxedo cats and he seems to look like one. He's black and white.

Do they have different personalities, or am I giving them human qualities? I don't know, but they are fun to have around except late at night when they hear something that I don't hear and just stare at the front door.

No comments: