Sunday, July 20, 2008

Phil Gramm Was Right

Yes, Phil Gramm was right. We are a nation of whiners. Have you ever been in a supermarket checkout line when the person in front is complaining about the high price of food. They complain, but they don't seem to be doing anything about it. The cart is full of junk food or prepared food and there are no coupons or sale items in sight.

The other day, some of my neighbors were busy complaining about the salaries paid to teachers. Both of them had adult children who were teachers and had masters degrees. All I heard was that their salary was an insult and too low. But, when our real estate tax bills come in and they see the school tax, they complain about its being too high.

How about the weather. I've had people come up to me complaining about the heat. Well, wake up, it's July, it's supposed to be hot. It's summer. I hear the opposite in January. It's too cold. My answer is that it's winter, it's supposed to be cold.

I've spoken with a few people and they agree, we are a nation of whiners. I'm very disappointed with John McCain and his treatment of Phil Gramm. Instead of sticking up for his friend, he took the politically correct way out and threw him under the bus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps in Washington, DC, all friends understand this is how the game is played. I have always wondered why anyone would want to be President. I really think that it has mostly to do with SELF. Sure, there is some patriotism, and some humane hope of changing and improving lives, and some desire to save...But it takes a strong dose of SELF to take on this highest of leadership roles, and endure.