Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Geographic Explorations

When this year started I had great plans for vacations or geographic explorations. My original plans called for a weekend in Washington DC, five days in Boston, 10 days in the Colorado Rockies, 10 days in Alsace Lorraine and a week in the maritime provinces of Canada.

Those trips are slowly being cancelled. Washington is still on, but Boston has been cancelled due to lack of interest by members of our Singles Group. I may cancel Colorado because there are only three people from our community signed up. And, I'm the only one committed to the maritime provinces. If I wanted to go there alone, I'd rather drive there and see some of the area instead of flying.

Now my latest thought is another train trip to San Francisco, this time in either June or July when the days are longer and I can see more of the country. Then I'd probably rent a car to drive through the Napa Valley and the redwood forest up to Seattle for a visit. I'd take the train from Seattle. This is still in the planning stages, but it is a possibility. I'd really like to see Napa and some of those giant sequoia trees.

Of course, those are my thoughts today, who knows what tomorrow will bring.

No comments: