Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Adventures in Time

Last year I bought an alarm clock radio for my bedroom on sale. It's great, it's preprogrammed to adjust for daylight savings time and even for the time zone. I thought it was a great bargain. Today I found out why it was on sale.

Last year the dates for daylight savings time changed, but the programming for the clock didn't. When it was time to reset the clocks this year, I had forgotten about the preprogramming so I changed the time. This past weekend, while I was away, was the original "spring ahead" weekend. I didn't notice the time when I went to bed last night, but this morning when I woke up at 7:30 AM, I was thrilled that I had such a good night's sleep.


As the morning wore on and the TV program didn't change at 9:00, I thought the network had changed their schedule. The morning seemed unusually long. I couldn't believe that I had showered, done my hair, had breakfast and checked my e-mails in only an hour and a half. Then looked at another clock and I remembered about the clock and realized I had gotten up at only 6:30 AM.


But that doesn't compare with the time in Salt Lake City when I woke up, looked at my watch and saw that it was 8:10 AM. Since I wanted to have breakfast and be on the road by 9:00, I jumped out of bed, showered, got dressed and put on my glasses. Then I discovered that it was only 3:40 AM. So I went back to bed.

No comments: