Friday, April 11, 2008

Cherry Trees

A few weeks ago I read an article that said because of global warming, the cherry trees were going to bloom early. Knowing I was going to Washington, I was very disappointed. Everyone says how beautiful these trees are and I had been looking forward to seeing them.

Well, the global warming crowd was wrong. The trees were beautiful, in fact we were told they were at their peak, and would probably bloom for only one week more. Unfortunately, there was so much rain this past weekend, they probably won't last that long. I'm glad I got a chance to see them and get pictures. It's so hard to predict their blooming time that I doubt I'll getsto lucky again.

There are several different species of trees, and cuttings have been taken from the original 300 trees so now there are thousands of trees across the city.

No comments: