Saturday, April 12, 2008

Comedy

Tonight we had a comedy night at the Clubhouse. When I saw the opening act, I wasn't too optimistic. This man could have been a resident he was that old and he had an accordian. At first, his jokes were pretty bad, old and corny, but he got better as time went on.

The second performer was a comedian/impressionist. I've always enjoyed impressionists and he was really good. I especially enjoyed how he went from one voice to another without a pause. I'm sure that he won't be able to speak tomorrow. Going from Ronald Reagan to Clint Eastwood to Arnold Schwartzenegger, etc. puts a real strain on the vocal cords.

For his finale, he invited four men from the audience to do their impression of Elvis. Of course, none of them could compare with Elvis, but it was a lot of fun. And it took a lot of nerve to get up there and perform.

It was a good night.

No comments: