Wednesday, March 5, 2008

WABC Radio

WABC Radio did it again. Evidently the parent company decided that they are not making enough money in the 10:00 am to 11:45 am spot weekdays, so they fired John Gambling and George Weber. There was no advance warning, Friday John signed off as usual and over the weekend it was announced that Curtis Sliwa would be on in that time spot.

Now, I can't get too upset about this because I like Curtis. I even like the way he butchers the language, but I also liked John Gambling. I used to listen to him on WOR and was happy when he landed on WABC. He had a calm demeanor, very unlike most radio personalities.

I know it's just business, but there was no explanation given. I e-mailed the station asking what happened to John Gambling and their answer was, "He's no longer at the station". It was left to Curtis Sliwa, a gentleman, to let us know what happened.

John will be missed, but we now have Curtis back.

No comments: