Thursday, March 6, 2008

Commercials

I've been taking it easy for the past week and a half because I've got a cold and cough which is very annoying. Because I'm not doing much, I've been spending a lot of time watching television and feel qualified to critique the commercials. Some of them are better than the programs.

Pedigree dog food has a very touching commercial. They show a dog looking longingly at the feet of someone approaching his cage, Then they leave. The voiceover states that for every dog that gets adopted, one is left behind. Then they say that if you buy Pedigree dog food, they will make a contribution to a shelter.

This commercial is very powerful. After watching it, I wanted to go out and adopt a dog, and I'm not a dog person. I don't have the patience to train and walk a dog. Besides, I don't think the cats would allow it.

No comments: