Thursday, March 13, 2008

Indoor vs. Outdoor

Yesterday I decided that my cold was just about over, at least I wasn't coughing and sneezing as much, so I decided to go back to the gym. I also missed my Shakespeare lessons. I managed to walk for 1/2 hour.

This morning, I got up with all good intentions to head to the gym again. Then I noticed that my legs were a little sore, so I stayed home. As the morning wore on, I started feeling guilty so I decided to take a walk around the neighborhood. I had forgotten how good it felt to walk outside and feel the cool air, and greet some of my neighbors. I also felt great all day.

It's hard to say which is better - treadmill or outside. There are good reasons for each. When I walk outside, I get some fresh air along with some variety in the scenery but I have to be alert to changes in the pavement and traffic. Walking on the treadmill really involves no thinking so I can get my lessons, keep track of the time and distance so I can chart my progress.

No comments: