Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Hoarding

I recently had someone come and remodel my walk-in closet because the one problem with this house is that there is very little storage. I thought that would discourage me from holding onto things, but it didn't.

I have now some shelves and double racks for clothes. In order to have this work done, I had to empty the closet. It seemed to take forever. Of course now that it's finished I have to put everything back.

It's also a great time to weed out the seldom worn clothes, the slightly too small clothes and the leftovers from my working days. After weeding everything out, I managed to fill seven trash bags which I then donated. I also filled two bags for trash. There are still more clothes that I can donate, but it's hard to give up some of my old favorites. I really don't need 16 pairs of shoes, especially since I drive everywhere and hardly walk anymore.

This has made me realize that I'm a hoarder. It's quite an eye opener. I don't know if there's a cure, but I think one solution would be for me to stay away from the mall, the internet stores and QVC. If I stop shopping for a couple of years, I should use up my supply of clothes.

Next I'll tackle the kitchen and the pantry.

No comments: