Sunday, March 30, 2008

Spring Planting

Spring is in the air. It's still fairly cool, but I can see some buds on the trees. So today I decided to visit the local nursery to see if they had any herbs for sale.

They did, so I bought some basil, dill, oregano, parsley. I really enjoy growing these herbs, and have been moderately successful doing so indoors. I have one basil plant left from two years ago, but it has just a few leaves left.

Last year I bought basil from the local hardware store's nursery. It did beautifully for a few weeks, then it slowly died. This is why I decided to go back to the nursery from two years ago. Hopefully, all my plants will do well and I can have some delicious salads and sauces.

I also bought another houseplant. This time I bought a coleus. Let's hope Burnie doesn't decide to eat or knock down any of my new plants.

No comments: