Sunday, March 16, 2008

They Killed It!

Last night I went to an event at the Clubhouse. When I got home, everything seemed OK. None of the chicks or eggs was disturbed. Burnie was on good behavior.

This morning, Crash found one of the chicks that Burnie had "liberated" from the bowl on Friday and she was playing with it. I hate to admit it, but she was cute batting it around and carrying it in her mouth. I took it away from her and put it on the counter.

Then I went out for a couple of hours. When I got home, all the furry woolen chicks were all over the dining room floor. They all looked OK, then I found this one.

They killed it. It was covered in cat fur, they must have been batting it around and it was broken in the middle. I had to throw it out.

I won't give in. Those cats don't know who they're dealing with. I can be very stubborn too. That bowl of eggs and chicks will stay on the table at least for a week, and I guess I'll get a lot of exercise chasing after the cats.

No comments: