Friday, April 23, 2010

Spring Garden

Even though we might have a frost tonight, I can tell that spring is in the air. Everything just looks brighter, the grass is growing, the trees are starting to show their leaves. I'm even getting the urge to garden.

I really don't care for gardening. All that getting down on your hands and knees to plant and then to weed. For some reason, my house seems to attract a particularly strange weed. It grows very tall and has thorns very close together on every branch. The man who occasionally does my weeding (when it gets out of control) said he doesn't see it anywhere else in my development. Just my luck.

Anyway, I'm getting that urge. So, I ordered a bunch (12) of miniature rose bushes and they came today. I have no idea where I'll put them. Fortunately, they can be planted in containers. I also bought a couple of basil plants, some coriander, rosemary, parsley and Texas tarragon. The herbs will be kept in containers, but the tarragon may go into the ground. I read that it has yellow blossoms and attracts butterflies. Oh, and I also bought a strawberry plant which already had berries on it. That too will stay in a container.

I hope to have a nice garden with lots of herbs and berries and roses. Now all I have to do is remember to water them and harvest the herbs before they go to seed. What are the chances of that?

1 comment:

Snooty Primadona said...

I gave my garden up for the foxes and no more more trips to the chiropractor.

;-)